• Assistant Research Scientist - Johns Hopkins University.
(2017 – Present)
• Blaustein Postdoctoral Fellow - Johns Hopkins University.
(2016 – Present)
• Ph.D. (Concentration: Planetary Science, minor: Volcanology) - Georgia Institute of Technology.
(2012 – 2016)
• Bachelors of Science (Concentration: Geo-physics, minor: Planetary Science) - University of Arizona.
- Blaustein Postdoctoral Fellowship. Johns Hopkins University. (2016).
- Urey Fellow (Declined). Lunar and Planetary Institute. (2016).
- Council on Undergraduate Research Fellow. CUR. (2016).
- Best Paper. School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, GATech. (2016)
- Special Recognition. Office of the AZ governor (Douglas A. Ducey). (2015).
- 30Under30 in Science. Forbes. (2015).
- Research Excellence Award. GATech. (2015).
- Travel Grant. Geological Society of America. (2014).
- Graduate Research Opportunities Worldwide (GROW) Fellowship. National Science Foundation (2015).
- Travel Grant. NASA & Carnegie Institution for Science. (2014).
- Graduate Research Fellowship. National Science Foundation. (2013).
- Career Award. Lunar and Planetary Institute. (2013).
- Team-X Merit Award. Jet Propulsion Laboratory. (2013).
- Vorhees Scholarship. University of Arizona. (2012).
- Best Geomorphology Talk. University of Arizona. (2012).
- First Place in Physical Science Research. University of Arizona. (2012).
- Honorary Presidents Award. University of Arizona. (2011).
- CUR Fellow. Council on Undergraduate Research. (2011).
- Group Achievement Award. HiRISE Science Team. NASA. (2011).
• Reviewer for: Geophysical Research Letters, Journal of Geophysical Research: Planets, Planetary and Space Science, Icarus, Nature Communications, Seismological Research Letters.
• Executive Secretary for NASA Solar System Workings (SSW) Review Panel.
• Review Panelist for NASA Solar System Workings (SSW), Mars Data Analysis Program (MDAP), Planetary Data Archiving, Restoration, and Tools (PDART).
Past employment and involvement (chronological)
· University de Nantes. (NSF-GROW/CNRS Fellowship). [September, 2015-October,2015].
Project: Cryostat experiments to study perchlorates stability under Martian surface conditions.
• Jet Propulsion Laboratory [June 2013 – August 2013].
Project: Geophysical characterization of the landing site for InSight mission to Mars. (w/Dr. Suzanne Smrekar).
• Planetary Science Institute, (PSI) [2011-2012].
Project: Characterization of coma morphology of comet Halley. (w/Dr. Nalin Samarasinha).
• Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter & Lunar Mapping and Modeling Project [2010-2012].
Digital Terrain Model (DTM) Analyst.
• Lunar and Planetary Laboratory, University of Arizona [2010-2011].
Project: Metal distribution analysis on H-chondrites. (w/Dr. Dante Lauretta).
• High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment, (HiRISE) [2008-2012].
Image Validator, DTM Analyst, Research Assistant. (w/Dr. Alfred McEwen).
• Southern California Earthquake Center .
Project: Non-volcanic Triggered Tremors in California and Nepal. (w/Dr. Zhigang Peng).
• Department of Geoscience, University of Arizona .
Project: (1) Scanning Electron Microprobe (SEM) imaging of detrital zircons. (2) Operation Tech in Paleomagnetism Lab. Research Assistant (w/Dr. George Gehrels & Dr. Tank Ojha).
• Department of Physics and Atmospheric Science, University of Arizona .
Project: Extraction of graphene. Engineering design, implementation and construction of a feedback box. Research Assistant (w/Dr. Brian LeRoy).
• Teaching Assistant for EAS1601 “How to Build a Habitable Planet”-Dr. Jean Lynch-Stieglitz. (Spring, 2013).
• Teaching Assistant for EAS 2600. “Earth Processes”. (Spring, 2013)
• Guest Lecturer: Astrobiology Class led by Dr. Veronica Bray. November 2011. Lunar and Planetary Laboratory. University of Arizona.
• Recurring Slope Lineae on Mars. University of Arkansas (2012). Invited.
• Recurring Slope Lineae on Mars. New Mexico State University (2012). Invited.
• Mars Seminar. JPL (2013).
• Summer Intern Final Presentation. JPL (2013).
• Mars: Beyond Life. Atlanta Science Tavern (2015).
• Dynamic Surface Processes on Mars. Laboratoire de Planétologie et Géodynamique de Nantes (2015).
• Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI) (2015). Invited.
• SpaceUp Atlanta. November (2015). Invited. Keynote Speaker
• TEDx Gateway. December (2015). Invited.
• University of Georgia (2016). Invited.
• Hastings College (2016). Invited. Keynote Speaker
• MaryMount University (2017). Invited. Keynote Speaker
• DragonCon. Atlanta (2017). Invited.